Become a member and, for a relatively nominal sum, you can help keep Milton and Shorefields special places to live.
Your membership matters!
- Most importantly it adds legitimacy to the views we express when dealing with official bodies – the more representative we are the more weight we can bring to bear when tackling issues and the more notice that will be taken of your views.
- Subscriptions help pay running costs such as stationery, postage and for membership of the Civic Voice which is the umbrella organisation for civic societies in Britain and provides valuable support when dealing with local and central government bodies. We also currently pay for two planters to help green–up our streets.
In return you will
- have access to further information and advice.
- have the satisfaction of knowing you are doing your bit to improve our area
- be eligible for discounts as described below production of a current membership card
Membership is open to all residents and other interested individuals or businesses who support the aims of the society. Membership runs from 1st June and, from 2014 costs £8 per household and is collected at the AGM or later, though if you prefer, you can print off a Membership form and return it to the Membership Secretary as outlined on the form or email us and we will call round. Cheques should be made payable to ‘The Milton Conservation Society’.
The Society is grateful for the continued support of local businesses and individuals who generously provide donations and services for the benefit of the Milton Conservation Area.
MGA Printing Modern Graphic Arts Limited is a family owned and run printing company established in 1950.
Celco Lighting Celco Lighting is a family run business that has been in Southend-on-Sea for over sixty years and offers members a discount of 15%.
The Frame Shop offer members a 10% discount
Neither the society nor its members endorse the companies listed