Milton Conservation Society (MCS) takes privacy very seriously and complies with the requirements of the PECR 203 and GDPR 2018. Personal data is only handled and recorded for the purposes of conducting our constituted purposes for public good. This includes the management of membership, possible future membership, relevant news, events and fund raising.
MCS is both ‘controller’ and ‘processor’ of the data it collects and stores and any data query should be sent to us at the contact details elsewhere on this website.
MCS will uphold the following data protection principles:
- processing will be fair, lawful and transparent
- data be collected for specific, explicit, and legitimate purposes
- data collected will be adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary for the purposes of processing
- data will be kept accurate and up to date. Data which is found to be inaccurate will be rectified or erased without delay
- data is not kept for longer than is necessary for its given purpose
- data will be processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of personal data including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage by using appropriate technical or organisation measures
MCS has applied the GDPR ‘soft opt-in’ to existing current paid members and will always offer an ‘opt-out’ with any email contact.
All future members give consent for us to hold their name, address and contact data at registration.
Your information is secure and is not passed to any other party for marketing or any other commercial purpose.
For further details please contact one of our officers on the email addresses given in the Contact section of our website www.miltonconservationsociety.com